virtual attendee instructions
- Preparing Your Computer
- Joining the Event
- During the Event
- Technical Support
preparing your computer
Click the following link in advance of the Leadership Institute to ensure a smooth entry into the event: http://admin.adobeconnect.com/common/help/en/support/meeting_test.htm
Problems? If you encounter difficulties preparing your system contact our support team, instructions below. Before contacting technical support you may want to check out our troubleshooting tips, also below.
JOINING THE EVENT
Thank you for participating in AIA Leadership Institute 2015! The event will begin at 12:00 PM Eastern Time on October 23. To attend the event click on the link contained in your event confirmation e-mail.
You will see the this screen:
Your User Name is the e-mail address under which you registered for this event (the address to which your e-mail confirmation was sent).
Your Password is contained in your e-mail confirmation.
Click “Enter Room” to log into the event.
DURING THE EVENT
Your screen will look something like this during the individual presentations. To enlarge the content window to full screen during a presentation, hover over the top of the content window and the presentation title bar will be displayed. Click on the "Full Screen" icon to the right of the title bar to enlarge content to full screen. (This option will be available only when the Content Window contains slides.)
PARTICIPATING IN Q&A DISCUSSIONS
Each presentation will be followed by a Q&A session. To submit questions to the presenter use the Questions? window on the Adobe Connect screen or send a tweet to #AIALI15
If you need technical assistance during the event, send an e-mail with your phone number and problem description to firstname.lastname@example.org. Or, you can click on the green question mark icon on the left side of the menu bar of your Adobe Connect screen. We have also have a technical support ticket system, that you can complete with a description of your problem to be contacted by our team. Our talented team of technical staff will assist you promptly on the day of the event.
If you run into a problem preparing your system, before you reach out to tech support, do the following to help resolve general meeting access issues:
- Disable all pop-up blocker software
- Clear your browser's cache.
- Turn off other items that may use additional bandwidth (email, extra browser windows, webcam video, etc.)
Still having problems? Check out these common issues:
- Is your computer connected to a reliable Internet connection with good bandwidth? A hard-wired internet connection (rather than a wireless connection) is recommended for best performance.
- Does the computer meet the Connect System Requirements? Double check by clicking the following link: System Requirements
- Do you have the latest version of the Adobe Flash Player? Check your Adobe Flash Player version. You can download the latest Adobe Flash Player here: http://www.adobe.com/go/getflash
- Are there any firewalls or access issues that must be resolved? If you believe there is a firewall or security issue, contact your IT help desk. For proxy server users (e.g., CITRIX), you will need to use a browser (Safari, Firefox, Internet Explorer etc.) that is not running through a proxy server.
- Are you having trouble connecting to the event through Internet Explorer? If you are having trouble connecting to the event through IE, try to connect using Chrome.
- Are you having trouble getting Adobe Connect to load correctly? If you are having trouble getting Adobe Connect to load correctly you can switch browsers and append the following to the event URL before you click on the link